A downloadable game for Windows
Join the official Discord Community
In a world once devoid of unexplored dungeons, by using the latest advances in technology the ability to delve into the undiscovered has become a reality again. With the capability to materialize new labyrinths from files, a plethora of loot and danger awaits on everyone's hard drive. At the thought of striking it rich, more guilds are forming to take on client demands by sending adventurers into their files.
Join a startup riding the waves of this surging industry and put your skills to use. The terms of questing are the same as always, the pay is great, culture is there, and screw having a healthy work-life balance. Some enjoy the life of white collar adventuring, but is this really the job you were hoping for?
- Explore and get lost in dungeons generated from your Files
- Fight against monsters and other guilds to complete profitable contracts
- Manage your resources and save your guild from exorbitant debt
- Experience working in the IT industry in a way that's as cool as everyone wishes their job could be
- Dialog rich story with tongue-in-cheek humor
- An original chiptune soundtrack
- Strategic combat inspired by classics like Vagrant Story and Fallout
- Classically low-res art and presentation
As an actively in-development game, expect the screenshots shown to not be fully up-to-date or representative of the actual game that you may play. Gameplay is ever evolving and features are being added and removed frequently to find the best balance. There is no regular release schedule.
A:\dventure made its first public demonstration at TooManyGames 2018 alongside C:\raft. Further development progress was shown at TooManyGames in 2019
I'm familiar with C:\raft, so what's this?
A:\dventure's focus is to consist of hand-crafted character conversations and world building, but also providing a richer gameplay experience while distilling down the content and features to be quality over quantity. This game is a much more traditional JRPG-lite experience with minimal roguelike qualities still present.
Adventuring is the same ol' pick a file and go, but is based on a mission oriented questing. Leveling up party members is important to your survival, as is managing your equipment! There are plans on tying the lore together between the two games.
Click download now to get access to the following files: