A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Join our human adventurer on an adventure! Is this adventurer even a hero? Is he even actually an adventurer? Who cares? Not the Crafting Goddess Joann, apparently! All she wants is a slave to make crap for her, and that slave appears to be this poor soul. I guess now that he's been chosen by a trans-dimensional entity to do some kind of bidding he doesn't really have a choice of sorts.
At least there's some fun to be had as he traverses the dungeons generated from your old high-school reports and porn collections. Wait a second, did I just say old high-school reports?! They have value now? You sure bet!
You'll have to delve deep into your randomly generated hard drive's dungeons to create all the randomly generate items requiring a random set of materials on the list of random items the goddess has randomly bestowed upon you to create. The randomness and quirkiness of the game is cranked to 11 in this satirical odd-ball of a "roguelike."
A limited version of StoryMode is available as shareware.
- Randomly generated dungeons based on your files
- Randomly generated items
- Randomly generated crafting recipes?
- A not really fresh take on the genre
- Being able to play with one hand with a beer in the other
- A not try-hard personality
- completely free soundtrack consisting of Creative Commons and Public Domain available music
What's Different in the Shareware version?
- Saving is disabled
- Ending is disabled (as is New Game+ features)
- Restricted to a Male, Normal mode, Difficulty 1 character
- Dungeons can not go any deeper than 20 floors
Support Development and get the full featured version of StoryMode which can also be activated on
* Shareware version may not always be up-to-date with features available in the full game.
** itch.io may not always have the latest builds of StoryMode. For the latest builds, use Steam
|Published||2 years ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||1 year ago|
|Tags||1bit, Comedy, donationware, grind, Procedural Generation, random, Retro, rougelike, satire|
|License||All rights reserved|
|Asset license||All rights reserved|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Configurable controls, High-contrast|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.